Moving on is never easy.
It doesn’t matter if you are thinking about ending a relationship, leaving your hometown, applying for college, buying a new home or quitting your job, it takes effort and plaing to act wisely on any life altering decision.
When confronted with important choices, human beings deal with the pressure in a wide variety of ways. Some people simply avoid the issue and become stuck in a frustrating and destructive rut. Others procrastinate and stall until external factors make the decision for them. The impulsive person may act strictly on raw emotion and the results may be catastrophic.
Of course, the best way to plan for any life changing event is to carefully consider all the pros and cons of the situation and develop a sound plan of action that balances the immediate results with the long term impact. While it is always important to remain true to your personal beliefs, it is also useful to listen to the advice of others. We sincerely hope our selection of quotes about moving on will be of assistance the next time you are faced with a difficult decision that may change the course of your existence.
1. You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ëI donít care how hard this is, I donít care how disappointed I am, Iím not going to let this get the best of me. Iím moving on with my life.
Joel Scott Osteen is an American lay preacher, televangelist, author, and the leader of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. His ministry reaches over seven million broadcast media viewers weekly in over 100 nations around the world.
2. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
Deborah Reber is a young-adult fiction and non-fiction writer. She previously worked in children’s television. She is the author of several books, including “Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul.”
3. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.”
Johy Cash was an American singer-songwriter, actor, and author who was considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century.
4. Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.
Criss Jami is an American poet, essayist, and existentialist philosopher. He is best known as the author of Venus in Arms and SalomÈ: In Every Inch In Every Mile.
5. Love is forgiving, accepting, moving on, embracing, and all encompassing. And if youíre not doing that for yourself, you caot do that with anyone else.
Dr. Steve Maraboli is a Behavioral Scientist specializing in Motivational Psychology, Leadership Dynamics, and the Peak Performance Mindset.